Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More Dress Drama

One of my girls went today to buy the dress from below, and it was $280 after applying a rush charge. So, I told her to cancel, and they gave her much grief, but wouldn't do it. Then Jason got involved ... and they cancelled with a $35 cancellation fee. :oD He's good.

So, Ruth and I put our heads together and came up with this one from David's Bridal.



It is actually quite a bit darker in person, but this is the bridesmaid dress we are going to have. The color is also a little different from the Sage of the guys tuxes, but I think it will be ok. I don't like strapless, but it won't be a problem for them to add a spaghetti strap. They can have it in time, and if the one on the rack fits, the girls can buy it right away. The price is going to be about $180 after alterations, but there is no rush fee. That seems pretty reasonable based on research I have been doing, and there is the convenience of going to any David's Bridal and getting the same dress in the same color with no hassles.

This is the Junior Bridesmaid dress I am going to get. They have one on the rack that I will probably buy tomorrow, then get it taken in a little. The length is good, but it is too big, and the smaller size is too short.



So, it's done! I might lose one of my bridesmaids (she still doesn't want to pay), but I'm glad the decision is finally made, and the dresses should not be a problem anymore.

3 comments:

Melissa P. said...

What kind of a friend is that who would refuse to support you and refuse to be in your wedding over some money??? Doesn't sound like a very good friend at all...

Willow said...

Sherida,
Will you please call me about
1) information on what is included in invitation pkgs, invitation paper, envelopes, reply cards? We are confused (Mia's wedding is Sept 23rd)
2)assembling invitations
323.627.2737
Thanks so much from Deb's Mom

jeric2003 said...

I don't get it. If you agree to be someone's bridesmaid, that pretty much means you agree to pay for a bridesmaid dress. It's a given.