Monday, July 17, 2006

Brief Sigh of Relief

I was finally able to set up meetings with the various coordinators this past Friday. They both went very well! The ceremony coordinator has everything we need for decorating the Chapel for the wedding ... and she will do all the decorating for me! What a sigh of relief. She said she actually enjoys doing the decorating, but brides usually want to do it themselves. Not me! I saw how the Chapel was set up for a previous wedding and liked it, so if she is able to duplicate that, I am more than willing to let her do it! The only big thing remaining for the Ceremony is creating and printing the programs.

The reception is also coming along nicely. I have to finalize what I want to do for the centerpieces. I scrapped my previous idea (and, consequently, need to make some returns to Ikea), and now have two options I am toying with. If Jason will let me borrow his digital camera (mine entered the Black Hole and never returned to me), I will take pictures and have a vote. We also need to come up with an MC (let me know if you have any ideas).

Besides programs and centerpieces, music is the major thing that needs to be decided on. We need to figure out music for both the ceremony and reception. We have one special song that a friend is singing, and I will walk in to the wedding march, but besides that, we have nada. So, although many pieces are falling into place, there are still a couple major things that need to be done.

4 comments:

jeric2003 said...

We didn't use an MC or DJ. We just had our own burned CDs with a friend turning them down whenever we were doing something like the toast, and then Ric's step dad made announcements on the microphone like, "We're going to cut the cake now," etc.

Sher said...

That's what I mean by MC -- an announcer person.

Jen said...

Are you having a DJ at all? (S)he will MC for you.

Sher said...

Nope, no DJ.