Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Bubbles are Labeled!!!

With less than a month to go, there are SO many little details. Today Lissa came out and we went for the final fitting of my dress. It looked so short! (that, of course, would be because I am short.) It is still beautiful, though. There is one little part of the underslip that needs to be hemmed a little more, and it needs to be ironed. Other than that, it's ready! I'll pick it up the Monday before the wedding.

I decided to make good use of having some extra hands, so Lissa, Jason, and I made some labels for the bubbles and labeled 168 bubble containers. One more piece of the puzzle in place. Woo hoo!

Tomorrow we go to finish up application for the marriage license. We had planned to do it weeks ago, but there was a miscommunication, and Jason put Texas as my birth state instead of New Mexico. Then time kept passing by ... as it usually does. So, tomorrow we are going to get it done, then hope and pray it gets here in time.

I also have meetings with the ceremony and reception coordinators tomorrow. (Wow, tomorrow is a busy day!) I just found out that the church has a lot of the decorations and equipment that I want, so that is a relief. I'll find out specifics tomorrow.

Things really seem to be coming together. I can't breathe, yet, though. I tried to do that last week, then realized how little time there is left and how much there is left to do. It'll all get done, though, somehow.

If anyone has a good resource for linens, I could use some help there. I need 120" round ivory or sage tablecloths. Thanks!

5 comments:

jeric2003 said...

Check with Bon Apetit. I rented linens from them for our wedding, at a pretty reasonable price compared with other sources I found online.

Jen said...

You get your marriage paperwork on the spot, as I recall. Then you have it signed the day of and mail it back. Are you doing it in Orange County?

Jen said...

Just realized this was a week old. You probably already have your marriage info.

Do you have any guests coming from Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park area? I know it sounds silly, but a great little Mexican restaurant rented our lines to us for *literally* a couple dollars per table. It's about an hour drive from Biola. If someone had the time to run up and pick them up for you and then someone would take the responsibility for bringing them back up, it might be a good way for you to save some money.

Sher said...

That would be awesome. Jason might actually be up there in the next few weeks. What place is it? Do you know if they have ivory?

Jen said...

As I remember Sher, they had lots of colors. The restaurant is the Alamo, in Newbury Park.
2311 Borchard Rd.
Newbury Park, CA
(805) 498-3115

Oh it looks like there's one in Agoura too, which is 10 miles closer to you. I don't know if they have the same policy.
5617 Kanan Rd.
Agoura Hills, CA
(818) 889-5092

Granted, our wedding was 3 years ago, but I would imagine their rates are still pretty reasonable.