Saturday, July 29, 2006

Moving Right Along

With only two weeks to go, I think things are progressing quite nicely. This week I paid for the flowers, reserved the table linens, and bought my attendant gifts. I think the only thing left for the reception is music and mirrors for the centerpieces. We also have never figured out who will MC.

The ceremony is also pretty much taken care of. I also need to finalize music there, as well as get some more flower petals.

We practiced with make-up tonight. A friend is going to do it for me, so that is a big help. I'm not used to being all "done up," so it was kinda weird. She is going for more of a natural look, which makes me happy. I don't want to look like a drag queen, but I also don't want my face to completely disappear in the pictures.

Next I need to figure out who is going to do my hair. I have a friend from work who has said she will do it, but she has not followed through, yet. If we aren't able to get something worked out this week, I will need to look at alternatives quickly!

To be honest, I am counting down the days until this is over. I have thoroughly enjoyed being engaged, but I'm not a huge fan of weddings, even my own. I'm sure it will be nice, and I'm excited to have my family and friends there with me, but I'm also very nervous about being the center of attention for 150 or so people.

At this point, though, I don't regret exchanging a hasty elopement for a wedding ceremony. It is very important to me to get married in a church by my pastor, with my family and friends as witnesses. As long as that happens, everything else is just fringe.

2 comments:

jeric2003 said...

Oddly enough, the toughest time for me (regarding nervousness about being the center of attention) was the rehearsal. I suddenly realized that everyone was focused on me, and it freaked me out. So for the big day, I was determined to just look at my groom as I walked up the aisle, and I ignored everyone else. I let him be my focus, and it was easy. :)

After the walk up the aisle on the big day, everything gets easier and easier, with the exception of trying not to cry. Haha. Have fun with it, and let any of the problems that come up throughout the day be someone else's problem. Find someone else to deal with it (there will always be someone willing) and let yourself enjoy your day.

Sher said...

Done! I have a friend who is going to be my "go to" person for the day, so I can just enjoy it.