Saturday, December 24, 2005

Change of Plans

My mom wants me to change the wedding date. She has a big conference in Dallas that just happens to also fall on August 12. She wants me to move it to April.

I really don't think that is going to happen.

I think we've officially scratched the Victorian theme. Tonight the idea somehow came up to have a Major League Baseball theme for the reception. The wedding will still be 'Casual Elegance,' with basic white for me, dark green for the bridesmaids, and tuxes with green vests for the groom and groomsmen. The reception would be baseball themed with each table representing a different MLB team. We would have hot dog, popcorn, and roasted peanut vendors, with the guys from Jason's Bible study serving. Decorations would be baseball pennants and flags, and the flowers on the table would be the color of the team the table represents.

We're still brainstorming this whole concept, and it's possible the whole thing could get scrapped, but doesn't it sound like fun?!?

3 comments:

Sher said...

Jason is the baseball fan. I just want something that is fun, casual, and memorable. :o)

Cyn said...

I think it sounds awesome. A creative idea will be fun and one that will be remembered for a very very long time. Of course this is coming from someone who loves baseball.

Sher said...

Cool, it is great to get some positive feedback! :o)