Saturday, March 11, 2006

Dress Color Query

I'm in quite the quandry over the color dress I ordered. I was going to order straight White, but eventually decided to get Diamond White instead. Diamond White is a bit 'softer' than regular white, and is whiter than Ivory, but ivorier (is that a word?) than White.

Did I make a wrong decision? It's probably not too late to go back and change the order. Should I ask them to change it to white?

Married readers of my blog, what color of white did you have for your dress? Unmarried readers, any advise?

8 comments:

Melissa P. said...

I had normal white. There were good reasons not to order diamond white, but I can't recall them right now. Jen should know. Maybe because anything else you order in white won't match? (think veil, flowers, linens, etc).

Melissa P. said...

Shoes, nylons, pearls, runner, shirts under the tuxes...

Cyn said...

i to just had the regular white. for the same reasons mentioned above.

Sher said...

Ok, I'll try to stop by tomorrow and find out if I can change it. Ugh!

Sher said...

I'm pretty sure the dress in the picture is "diamond white."

luminarumbra said...

There are two questions one should ask when choosing the color of a wedding dress. 1) Is it white? 2) Is it white enough that conservative members of your family won't flip out?

If you can answer yes to both of those, it's good.

However, if the three different whites aren't going to line up with other whites you'll be having...
...
I had a point, but I got confused with all the white.

jeric2003 said...

You should also put those colors up against your skin before you decide. That's what made the big difference for me. White-white washed me out completely. I ended up doing ivory, which still looked white enough, but complemented my skin much better.

Sher said...

Well, I called today, and they can't change it. So, Diamond White it is!