Monday, January 09, 2006

Blech

I am really not digging this whole wedding planning business. Some days, I REALLY wish I had enough money to tell someone -- here, I want to get married here, with this color, and invite these people, YOU do the rest. What am I saying? "Some" days? No, I wish that EVERY day.

I am hopefully going to meet with Melissa sometime this week or next week to go through her stuff and see what inspiration I can borrow. Maybe that will help me get out of the slump. A wedding is supposed to be a joyous occassion, but, for some reason, for me it is sheer torture.

3 comments:

jeric2003 said...

There are plenty of brides who feel the same way. I got into doing a lot of stuff on my own, but know others who basically did what you say--told someone "This is how I want it" and had a coordinator do everything for them. The basic thing is whether or not you can afford to pay for someone to do that for you.

Cyn said...

I didn't enjoy planning my wedding. To much drama for my taste, and I hate being the center of attention, plus I met my dad's wife of 6 years for the first time so yeah... I would never do it again. I was more interested in the marriage than the wedding.

Sher said...

That's me exactly. I am very excited for marriage, but planning the wedding is really stressing me out. I do like being the center of attention, in a group setting, but not like this. I really don't want to be the center of attention at my wedding, but I don't think I can avoid it.