Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Inspiration

I hung out with Deb last night, and she totally inspired me. It was so nice to have someone (besides Jason) to bounce my ideas off of and get positive feedback. I really don't know what happens at weddings, since I have freaked and not gone to any for most of my life (I've attended two weddings total, one as a kid, and one as a bridesmaid about 7 years ago). I totally regret my avoidance of weddings now, as I'm completely lost when it comes to planning.

So, talking with Deb was good. We talked about general wedding and reception stuff that I already have ideas for, and brainstormed a couple other things. Then we went to Barnes and Noble and looked through Wedding magazines and a book about Victorian Tea parties. I really would like to do a lot of things myself (flowers, decorations, entertainment ... maybe even the wedding cake), so that might help me get more into it as well.

So, I'm feeling a little better about this, just waiting on the reception site so I can really get down to business.

2 comments:

jeric2003 said...

For doing your own flowers:

L.A. Flower Market
766 Wall St
Los Angeles, CA 90014-2316

I think I've mentioned this place before to you.

Go early on a Saturday morning. I think it's a few bucks to get in. It's basically warehouses of vendors selling buckets and buckets of flowers at pretty great prices. I had about 80 dozen roses between the ceremony and reception, all for $600.

Sher said...

Thank you! I've been wanting to ask more about that place.